Please volunteer and give generously (for rewards) at the Book Bulletin crowdfunding project at CrowdPatch to raise funds for the Jolabokaflod 2017 programme
Choosing books to buy, give and read for Christmas 2016
The Book Bulletin adapts the Icelandic tradition of Bókatíðindi – a key feature of Jólabókaflóð – to fit the shape of the UK/US book trade. Rather than showcasing every new or revised title published this year in a catalogue sent to every household in the country, the UK/US Book Bulletin shares titles online that are loved and championed by avid readers everywhere.
Books make for ideal Christmas presents – they are cheap, can be read immediately, are portable (whatever the format), flexible and last for more than a day. Books can change lives forever.
Here’s how you can get involved in making the Book Bulletin as representative of your tastes as possible
- Introduction: Find out more about how the Book Bulletin is structured – including how you can make recommendations for inclusion in the catalogue to share the books you love – and how the Book Bulletin links in with the 72-year-old tradition of Jólabókaflóð in Iceland
- Advent calendar: Day by day in December, in the lead up to Christmas follow the story of Jolabokaflod 2016 in the UK with daily updates behind the links to relevant, interesting and surprising content, including our ‘Book of the Day’ recommendations.
- New Year resolutions: Daily content with a New Year theme throughout January 2017 in the style of the Advent calendar, which includes our ‘Book of the Day’ recommendations.
- Recommendations: Explore the titles in the Book Bulletin – to make your choices of which books to buy to give to loved ones to read over the festive season – and see your recommendations displayed next to your name and (on an optional basis) your organisation or project, to publicise the work you do or causes you feel passionate about
- Acknowledgements: See your name and organisation/project (optional) listed in a Hall of Fame of contributors to the Book Bulletin crowdfunding campaign at CrowdPatch
The Book Bulletin needs your input. Get your recommendation rewards today, and the books you choose for the catalogue and send us via InMail or email will be added without delay. The campaign launched into the public sphere on 19 November 2016, to coincide with the start of Jólabókaflóð in Iceland.
The Book Bulletin was celebrated officially at an exclusive Gala Party at the Café Royal in London on 2 February 2017, an occasion open to anyone prepared to support the crowdfunding project managed by the Jolabokaflod Book Campaign.
The Book Bulletin crowdfunding project remains live until 14 February 2017: not only is this Valentine’s Day, it is also International Book Giving Day. What better way of celebrating Valentine’s Day by giving a book to your loved one from the recommendations included in the Book Bulletin online catalogue?
Thank you so much for your support.